Why We Love Manila is a positivity campaign.
Our mission is to document all the reasons why we-- locals, visitors, everyone-- love living in or visiting Metro Manila.
Entries will be accepted until midnight of September 22, 2011.
- 1. Record a video of yourself telling us why you love Metro Manila.
- Use any kind of camera, even your webcam or mobile phone camera.
- Be as creative as you like, but let us see your face and hear your voice somewhere in the video.
- Keep it family-friendly!
- Minimum video length: 30 seconds; maximum: 10 minutes
- Only one entry per person.
- The contest is open to all individuals, locals and foreigners, residing in the Philippines.
- Group entries are not allowed.
- 2. Upload your video on our Facebook.
- "Like" our co-presentor CityPoynt's Facebook page, http://facebook.com/CityPoynt
- "Like" our Facebook page, http://facebook.com/WhyWeLoveManila
- Upload your video on our Wall on http://facebook.com/WhyWeLoveManila
- 3. Tell everyone about it!
- Once you successfully upload your video on our Wall, click "Share" (the small blue link appearing below your video) to share the link to the video on your Facebook.
- Ask people to "like" your video. Only "likes" on the video itself will be counted. "Likes" on links to the video will not be counted.
- Remember, people have to "like" the Why We Love Manila Facebook page first before they can like your video!
- You can share the link to your video as many times as you like! You have until midnight of September 22, 2011 to promote your video.
The Grand Prize will be awarded to the person whose video receives the most "likes".
Special Prizes will be awarded to the people whose videos are personally selected as favourites by our partner blogger judges: Carlos Celdran, Tricia Gosingtian, Niña Sandejas, Regina Belmonte, Seph Cham & Shai Lagarde.
We have one (1) Grand Prize package consisting of:
- 5,000 Cash in Philippine Pesos from CityPoynt.com
- 5,000 Gift Voucher from CityPoynt.com
- Two (2) Nights' Accommodation for Two (2) Persons at The White Knight Hotel
- Team Manila Merchandise
- One (1) Case of Yeo's Juice
And five (5) Special Prize packages, each consisting of:
- 1,000 Cash in Philippine Pesos from CityPoynt.com
- 1,000 Gift Voucher from CityPoynt.com
- Team Manila Merchandise
- One (1) Pack of Yeo's Juice
We reserve the right to moderate and curate content uploaded to Why We Love Manila.
We reserve the right to adjust the contest mechanics and prizes at anytime for any reason.
All contest entries uploaded to Why We Love Manila shall belong to Why We Love Manila.
Welcome to the Why We Love Manila videoblog's pilot episode featuring the one and only Carlos Celdran! Carlos is best known and loved for his witty, theatrical, and educational walking tours of Manila. Listen to him tell us why he loves this city, and check out his recommendations for happy and happening spots in town!
Why We Love Manila is a positivity campaign! Our goal is to shine light on all the reasons why Manila is our beloved home and playground. We want to cultivate a spirit of appreciation for this city, and through this, make its beauty bloom even more. From its monumental landmarks, booming hot spots, and undeniable quirks, this city is a gold mine waiting to be excavated and adored. Let's peel through the layers and uncover all the talent in its people that is just waiting to explode! These gems are the sparks of change that will raise the standard. Forget the negativity; let's breed positivity! Join the movement! Listen to our stories; tell us yours!
Erika Hoffmann is a 20-year old German-Filipina, who grew up in the Philippines. Currently, she is a senior at the Ateneo de Manila University majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies focusing on Communication and Psychology. She is a writer and has written for STATUS, Luxe, and Preview Magazine. She is also a fashion designer and stylist having worked with Lee Jeans for Philippine Fashion Week, as well as several artists and photo shoots.
Feanne is a 23-year-old Filipina artist. She has just graduated from University of Philippines, Diliman. Her visual artworks, mainly pen-and-ink illustrations, have been exhibited and published here in Metro Manila and abroad. She also sings, blogs, and tries to promote sustainable living.
Ask us questions, submit your stories, or just say hello. We'd love to hear from you! Email us at: